Saturday, June 23, 2012

Albert Dadon: All Oyster & No Pearl

How awesome is Australian Zionist mover & shaker, Albert Dadon?

He has only to whisper the 'I' word and the 'v' (vibrant) into the ears of the nations's movers and shakers and they're falling all over themselves to get there, facilitated, of course, by his luxury shuttle service, the Australia Israel Leadership Forum (AILF). Why, the ride's so smooth and comfy, even the Brits have climbed aboard! What next, Palau?

Such is the influence of this rising star in the Israel lobby firmament, that my Lobbyland spies tell me he's got Rubes, Vic and the rest wondering about the very turf under their feet.

Which is why I found the Albert Dadon portrayed in yesterday's Financial Review, under the heading Traveller/ Albert Dadon, puzzling to say the least. I mean, strike a light, Israel doesn't even get a look in! Check it out:

"Most frequent destination: I lived in Paris for many years. It will always be one of my favourite and most special parts of the world."

Hello? Israel?

"Advice for airlines: Singapore Airlines is the most efficient and reliable. There are no surprises, which is the last thing I want when I travel."

Hello? El Al?

"Favourite hotel: La Mamounia in Marrakech, Morocco and the Park Hyatt in Paris. La Mamounia is an 8-hectare haven planted with 100-year-old fruit and olive trees and rows upon rows of blossoming flowers. The hotel radiates opulence, beauty and tradition. It is said that to step into this hotel is akin to a setting from the Arabian Nights."

Arabian Nights? Someone call a doctor, NOW! And what's this? Arabs making the desert bloom? Well I never!

"The Park Hyatt in Paris is my home away from home."

But I thought Australia was your home and Israel your home away from home! Or is it the other way around?

"It's exquisitely decorated, hospitably staffed, and situated right in the heart of the city - only moments from Place de la Concorde, the Champs Elysees, the Tuilieries and the shops of Rue du Faubourg St Honore."

Israel's about to get nuked, and he's out shopping!

"Best overseas dining: I recently dined at Nobu 57 in New York, the flagship restaurant of chef Nobu Matsuhisa. It was an amazing experience. The flavours and presentation were wonderful and the service second to none."

Thank God for small mercies: at least he dines in New York, even if it is Japanese.

"What to pack Apart from the essentials, my bikini..."

Your whaaat?

"... and my skivvy - and of course my guitars."

I bet Herzl didn't even have a piano. What frivolity!

"Tips: Make the concierge your best friend and they'll make sure that you are provided with the very best information and expert tips to ensure that you see, eat, drink and experience all that you wish to."

So the concierge knows more about the joint than local Mossad operatives? Is that what you're saying?

"Technology: BlackBerry, ipad - and every other electronic device you can think of."

That every other electronic device - made in Israel I hope.

"Favourite shopping: The marches aux puces of Paris. Paris's famous flea markets sell everything from antiques to junk, and from new to vintage clothing."

So what's a French flea market got that an Israeli arms bazaar hasn't?

"Best tale: Going to LA to see a Lakers match and bumping into Jack Nicholson."

D'oh! Nobody goes to a Lakers match without bumping into Jack Nicholson.

"Best thing about travel: It allows me to see and experience new places, cultures, design, and technology. It also keeps me away from my BlackBerry.

And I thought Israel had it all.

"Top gripe: As Australia is so far away from my usual destinations, it means sitting down for long periods, which can be damaging and unpleasant."

Life's tough! Gotta take care of those crown jewels.

***

Do you see what I mean, folks? Where's the focus here? Not an Israeli talking point in sight. OK, OK, the world may be your oyster, Albert, but what about the pearl, mate?

2 comments:

kevin herbert said...

Arpeggio Albert married money......the surest way to get to the top pronto.....to paraphrase P J Keating Dadon musically is "all pick- no solo".

Anonymous said...

Ignore images of bloodshed, they cloud the issue said Albert, Zionist lobbyists and benefactor of many political party. Over 50 MPs took Albert's luxury shuttle service to Tel Aviv to be indoctrinated. Albert works for Zionist Israeli bullies while Ben Zygier starry eyed Mossad agent is killed by Israel http://www.hereticpress.com/Dogstar/Religion/Faith.html